Emergency Help

1. Gold Coast Emergency Contacts 2. What To Do If You Have A Rental Property Emergency

Gold Coast Region Emergencies:

In the event of a state emergency 
Call State Emergency Services (SES) on 132 500 or visit the SES website here. 

For fallen power lines call Energex on 13 19 62. 
For power outages call Energex on 13 62 62.

Visit the QLD Fire and Emergency Services website here. 
For current warnings & updates, visit the QFES facebook page here. 

For local Gold Coast information 
Call the Gold Coast Disaster Hotline on 1800 606 000.
Visit the City of Gold Coast dashboard here.
For information about road closures, call 13 19 40 or visit website here.
Listen to ABC Radio Gold Coast here.  

(NB:  In accordance with the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 (QLD), you must notify our office as soon as practicable of any damage incurred to the property.)

** Bushfire information for local residents **

- For current warnings and updates visit the QFES facebook page here. 
- Stay tuned to ABC Radio Gold Coast here.  
- View a fire map:  Rural Fire Service (RFS)  here or My Fire Watch here.
- For bushfire preparation tips, visit the RFS website: here.

If you have an emergency at your rental property:

If you rent through First National Mudgeeraba and have an emergency at your rental property that needs immediate attention, click here for more information on the definition of "an emergency" and how to report urgent maintenance issues.  You can also download a printable Emergency Information document here. 

Personal Emergency Situations:

There is a range of homeless and other support services on the Gold Coast including crisis and medium-term accommodation for families, single women and men. You can download additional information in a printable document here.

7 CareConnect App: 
This app has been produced by the Gold Coast Homelessness Network. It provides map-based information on local organisations providing support services including food services, accommodation, support services and health services. It can be viewed on a smartphone or and desktop computer. To visit the website, click here

Homeless Hotline:  (24-hour assistance) 1800 474 753  or click here to visit the website.

Housing help after a disaster: 
If you have had to leave your home as a result of a natural disaster and need urgent housing assistance, call: 13 74 68 or to visit the website click here.  For more information on emergency & temporary accommodation, click here.

Domestic or family violence - DV Connect:
Womensline: 1800 811 811,  Men's line: 1800 600 636 24/7 or click here to visit the website 

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or click here to visit the website.

Vans and Kitchens (VAKS) 
Provides information on vans and kitchens offering food, drink and contact in the city and other parts of South East Queensland. To visit the website interactive map, click here.

Private Housing advice:  For information and assistance on private rental accommodation, contact:

Queensland Statewide Tenant Advice and Referral Service (QSTARS):  1300 744 263
Free tenancy information, advice and assistance. To visit the website, click here.

Queensland Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA):  1300 366 311
Provides a comprehensive range of information about renting in Queensland. To visit the website, click here.

You can download a printable Emergency Contacts & Information document HERE.